Local beach villages
Take a leisurely stroll along Kingscliff’s main street and be spoilt for choice with unique fashion boutiques and quirky homewares stores. Special events include the bi-annual Kingy Triathlon and the Malfunction Surf Festival (10 minute drive). The closest patrolled beaches are Cudgen Headland/Kingscliff and Cabarita Beach. Walk along the boardwalk at Cabarita to Norries Headland for great ocean views. A popular surfing beach, there’s plenty to see. Whales are daily visitors through the cooler months – and it’s free! (12 minute drive). Iconic surf village of Byron Bay and its distinctive lighthouse lookout is just a 35 minute drive south along the Pacific Highway. Majestic Mt Warning/Wollumbin is nearby, surrounded by World Heritage listed rainforest and picturesque farmland.
- Watersports Guru can set you up with gear, lessons or guided tours for your favourite activities on water (10 minute drive).
- Tweed River Art Gallery showcases Australia's fine arts and hosts touring exhibitions. It's also home to the new Margaret Olley Art Centre (20 minute drive).
- Visit a working oyster farm and cruise the Tweed waterways to discover our famous local mud crabs with Catch a Crab (15 minute drive).
- Enjoy Aussie wildlife encounters and support the wildlife Hospital at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary (30 minute drive).
- Relaxing gardens and beautiful crystal formations await at Crystal Castle (45 minute drive).
- Tour the Tweed River and visit the rural township of Tumbulgum with Tweed Endeavour Cruises (25 minute drive).
Great place for a holiday, huh?
Want to stay a little longer?
Some great accommodation nearby includes:
- Paradiso Resort, Kingscliff
- Santai Retreat, Kingscliff
- Halycon House, Cabarita Beach
- The Beach, Cabarita Beach
- Tropical Coast Retreat, Duranbah
- Mantra on Salt Beach, Kingscliff
- Peppers Salt Resort & Spa, Kingscliff
- LaCosta Motel, Bilinga